Summer is in full swing in Southern California. It means “living outdoors until it gets too hot”. Once it gets too hot everyone hides inside in their air conditioned home or goes to the mall. I grew up on the Black Sea’s beautiful coast and summer meant eating every meal outdoors. I love being outdoors when its not too hot! I am a wimp…I am not a very big fan of 90 degree weather!
We are in the process of getting my mom’s back yard cleaned up and beautified but I do not see it being “perfect” until next year. I will show you the progress soon but in the mean time let’s look at some picture perfect backyards/patios.
What I think makes a great outdoors space:
* comfortable furniture – just like the inside of your home you would
want to be comfortable outside as well.
* throw pillow - can be interchanged at all times giving the space a new look
* bringing the indoors out – bring out accessories such as book, vases, artwork,
serving trays, candles to liven up the space
* storage – always good for extra blankets, candles
* lighting – it’s essential for night time and setting the mood
* color – color can brighten any space every time. The color can be
brought by flowers, fabrics, accessories.
Do you spend a lot of time on your patio/backyard during the summer?