July 8, 2012

Easy and yummy Orzo Salad

easy orzo salad

 

I first tried this easy and yummy orzo salad at my friend Danielle’s bachelorette party back in May. It was so good that I had to hunt down my friend’s cousin Alexis to get the recipe. I did get it and have made it numerous times. It is great side dish for the summer or an easy dinner for some. My friend is Mediterranean so the recipe makes a huge batch which is not a problem for me.

 

Ingredients

 

1 box orzo – aim for al dente
1 box pre-sliced mushrooms (I cut the bigger ones in half)
1 container cherry tomatoes (sliced in half, the large one into fourths)
1 red pepper (yellow or orange work too) (sliced and then cut slices in half)
1 cucumber chopped/ cubed
1 cup of pitted kalamata olives (sliced)
1/2 cup or more good feta (crumbled) (I use the kind you can kind in bulk in squares, you can also use pre-crumbled)
1/2 cup good olive oil
1/4 cup good balsamic vinaigrette ( you can also use red wine if you don't like/ don't have balsamic)
1 large clove garlic (crushed/ minced, I use a garlic press) depending on how much garlic you like
salt and pepper

 

Directions:


1) Cook pasta for given time on the box.
2) Let the orzo cool until cold or room temp ( you can stick it in the fridge if you want.)
3) Prepare veggies while pasta cooks and cools
4) Mix the oil vinegar garlic and about 1 tsp salt, I put it in Tupperware and shake vigorously
5) Once the pasta has cooled pour the dressing over the orzo and mix.
6) Then add veggies to the pasta and dressing


Notes: I add the veggies last because I like to keep the salad and eat it over a few days and this way the veggies stay fresh.Also you can also make the pasta a head and let it cool and store the cut veggies in the fridge until it is time to serve the salad and then add it all together.

 

easy and yummy orzo salad

Enjoy!

 

signature

  1. I am linking this to TipJunkie, Chic on Shoestring Decorating, Fingerprints of the Fridge, Oopsey Daisy, Somewhat Simple, Today’s Creative Blog, Skip to my Lou, Whipper Berry, Tatertots and Jello, I heart Naptime, Mom 4 Real, Homemaker on a dime, Home Stories A to Z, Censational Girl, Homemaker on a Dime
Signature

4 comments

  1. Looks wonderful! Especially for a summer dinner or potluck! We'd love for you to link up with us for Tasty Tuesday over at aletteredlife.blogspot.com! ~Holley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I think I found what I plan to take to my next barbecue. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    I love your blog :) It caught my attention thanks to the quality of your recipes. We would be delighted if you would join us on Mytaste.com so that we could link to your blog.

    Mytaste.com is a search engine that compiles the best American cooking sites and blogs from the Internet. We are one of the largest in the world with sites in 37 markets and thousands of blogs are already enrolled here and benefit from the traffic we are sending to their sites.

    To join Mytaste.com, just go to mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

    Sincerely,

    Emilie
    Mytaste.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    I love your blog :) It caught my attention thanks to the quality of your recipes. We would be delighted if you would join us on Mytaste.com so that we could link to your blog.

    Mytaste.com is a search engine that compiles the best American cooking sites and blogs from the Internet. We are one of the largest in the world with sites in 37 markets and thousands of blogs are already enrolled here and benefit from the traffic we are sending to their sites.

    To join Mytaste.com, just go to mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

    Sincerely,

    Emilie
    Mytaste.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and appreciate them. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...