My brother is going to kill me for posting this but I wanted to show you my biggest con of having a small space. Before my parents bought a home close to me, when visiting my parents would have to stay in a hotel and my little brother would have to stay in my living room. Poor kid! No wonder he barely came to visit.
As you can see the biggest con is not having enough space to have overnight visitors. We would pull out the blow up mattress and place it in the middle of my living room, right next to the front door. Once my daughter woke up in the morning she would go lay down next to her uncle and wake him up. With that said we do not have overnight guests so most of the time my house is very organized.
The secret to decorating a small space is having furniture that does double duty:
* that storage ottoman can be your table *
* the dresser in the bedroom can be your nightstand *
* the space under the bed is great for storage *
* clutter is a big no-no in small rooms *
* vertical storage adds square footage to your room
as well as draws the eye up making the room appear larger *
* mirrors are your friend – the reflection in the mirror creates the illusion of bigger space
as well as a great accessory *
* do not forget scale – because it’s a small space, that doesn’t mean that
you have to have tiny little furniture that would in the end clutter the room,
consider the scale of the pieces *
Do not be after to go bold in a small room. Although light colors make the room light and airy, a small room can handle dark colors as well as bold prints. Just remember don’t over use different patterns in a small room. Be adventures!