December 8, 2011

Day 4: Cream Cheese Pound Cake

I have never made a pound cake. I don’t even own a bunt cake pan. Since I have never made a bunt cake this size (I have to small size bunt cake pan, where there are six bunts on a sheet) I had to ask my neighbors if I can borrow theirs. Thankfully my neighbor had one to lend me and I was off to make this.

 

cream cheese pound cake

 

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

recipe via

 

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups butter, softened at room temp
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened at room temp
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 6 large eggs
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy (do not over beat); gradually add sugar, beating well.

 

Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined. Crack eggs into a bowl first before adding to the mixture to make sure you avoid shells in the cake mix.

 

Sift 3 cups of flour. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.

 

Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan. Smooth the top of the cake or bottom of the cake (depending how you look at it) with a spatula to even it out.

 

Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack. This is where me sleep deprived and being 1am, I didn’t let the cake to cool off completely and tried to take it out of the pan. That’s when  part of the cake crumbled. So my lesson use lots of butter/oil to grease the pan in the beginning and let the cake cool off before taking it out. Other than that the cake tasted fantastic. Had it for breakfast and lunch on the following day. Well, it was more of a brunch.

 

Enjoy!

 

signature

I am linking this to Chic on Shoestring Decorating

Signature

2 comments

  1. As I have found exotic information about Cream Cheese pound cake. This one is really looking one of the great source to get the recipe to make this one. I am highly impressed to see this one. It's truly one of the knowledgeable source to make this one easily. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really great to know about this Cream Cheese Pound Cake. It's basically looking one of mouthwatering stuff. As the post shows promising recipes and directions to make the same fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and appreciate them. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...