October 22, 2011

Russian Potato Salad or Ruska Salata

IMG_8459

 

This is one of the easiest and tasty salads that  I love to make and eat. Ever since I found a recipe online that fit my taste I have been asked to make it. Mostly I have been asked to make it by my dad every time I come to Seattle. I have no problem with that. Russian salad is great with rakia or just by itself.  Since I do not drink rakia I eat the salad with bread.

 

IMG_8410

 

The ingredients:

 

4 medium potatoes ( I use golden potatoes) chopped

peas

chopped carrots

ham

mayonnaise

chopped pickles

salt, paper, and lemon juice for taste.

 

Boil the potatoes, the carrots and the peas. When they are cooled off mix all of the ingredients together. Add mayonnaise, salt and paper and lemon juice  per your liking. Every time is different for me.

 

IMG_8460

 

There are a lot of Russian salad recipes out there and you are more than welcome to experiment. Also you may notice that I didn’t give a measurement for most of the ingredients, well, do you see the little dishes that they are in…that’s how I measure.  Enjoy!

 

signature

Signature

1 comment

  1. I am totally making this! I've had yours and I LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and appreciate them. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...