August 16, 2011

Guest Blogger: Aubrey from All Things Bright and Beautiful

Sup, party people (c:

It's Aubrey from All Things Bright and Beautiful, ready to get this party started!

Everything is absolutely splendid since I'm over at Splendid Design while the fabulous Megan is on her ridiculously cool trip to Europe.

Yeah, I'm jealous.

But to cheer us up about not being on a fabulous trip, I thought we could talk about my favorite thing in the whole wide world:

COLOR!!!


It seems like a lot of people are afraid of color, and let's face it, it's intimidating!!! It's a lot easier to recover from the choice of buying something neutral and having to spice it up than buying a pink sofa and figuring out that it's not really your thing.


But seriously, after seeing that pink tufted goodness, how could it not be your thing??? (c:

Here's some more color that just makes me want to skip through fields of poppies:


 Miles Redd via House Beautiful
via country home
Jonathan Alder

via bazaar of serendipity

via pinterest via michaela noelle

And because I just feel like we haven't gotten *enough* color in, here's a Red Bull-shot in the arm-kick in the pants of COLOR (c:





via Puxe a Cadeira e Sente 

via Recycled Consign & Design

Ahhhhhh...

So much better, now I have my color fix for the day (c:

What about you, do you have a color addiction?

Thanks so much Megan for letting me sabotage visit your blog today!
Signature

16 comments

  1. What a post...all of this colour makes my heart sing...gorgeous Aubrey and happy to have found your lovely blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think it's safe to say I have a color addiction {see blog}. he he.

    xo, chrissy
    The Perfect Palette

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, those rooms are soooo eye catching! love the bright and fun colors! i especially love the dark blue walls with that pop of yellow- lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the gorgeous bold hues! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colorful front doors... I need to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I have a total colour addiction! I love using colour in fun and unexpected ways - my family room is going to be one colour kaleidoscope when I finish it :-)

    Jamie Drake is my colour hero - love pretty much every room of his that I've seen. And love all the rooms you've posted here too - great way to brighten up the day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHH Color me HAPPY!!!!! Blast my landlords for not letting me paint (yes i did the bathroom, but under cover, hope they don't find) Those are happy rooms and I want to live in them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute. I don't think I could do the green kitchen . . but that purple rug and the cute chevron rug dining room are speaking to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aubrey picked some great rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of this color once again makes me wish I had been more daring with design (and had more money) before I got married. This would never fly in my household, but leaves me longing for some color in my life! Great job, Aubrey!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that is one color bonanza!!! I love it, Aubrey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! I'm so glad I have some more color addicts in the house! (c: Thanks so much Megan for the good time, I'm always up for a good time...and thanks for all the sweet comments, y'all are the *best*!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's what I love so much about Aubrey!! She's color-obsessed which I can totally relate to!! Never falls short of finding a fabulous and colorful interior!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. mmmmmmm....LOVE LOVE LOVE all of that color!!! great roundup, Aubrey! ox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bravo, Aubrey! That pink tufted couch is utterly over the top fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and appreciate them. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...