June 9, 2011

Lighting

When I came to the States, we resided in the suburban area of Seattle. I was living in this beautiful city for nine years before moving to Orange County. The weather never bothered me before. I never owned an umbrella (I still don’t) while living here but being away for five years has made me feel depressed when I visit in June and the heater is still on.

To be quite honest the only things that gets me down is no sun light. No sun light, overcast weather makes a room feel very dark. Good lighting is essential for a room. That’s why I love Candace Olson. Every episode that I see from her design shows she always considers lighting and how will affect the look of a room. “Pay careful attention to lighting. Factor in natural light as well as electrical lighting and make sure the style of the room matches how well-lit it is. A room that's romantic needs softer lighting than a high-tech, ultra-modern kitchen.”

'80s bedroom after

Candice Olson-White Kitchen

Candice Olson dining room

When designing a room you have to take into a consideration the function of the room and the mood of the room you are trying to set. A good designer will be able to incorporate different sources of lighting along with natural lighting: recessed, pendants, chandeliers, wall sconces, table or floor lamps. Of course some can be a statement pieces as well.

via

via

via

via

image

Hope you made it to the end of this post. Do you have a favorite one?  See you tomorrow.

signature

Signature

2 comments

  1. I love Candice and beautiful lighting! A great light really is the perfect statement piece! Love all of your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree that lighting is very important. If you are not sure wether you have enough lighting then you probably dont, or it could be just the opposite. The third photo from the bottom for the lighting is deffenitly an awsome example of grand lighting. Thank you for doing a great job and for all of your hard work.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read them and appreciate them. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...