I have been lucky to have a decent size walk-in closet in the past few places I lived in. Unfortunately the past few and my current place that I live in are not big on storage or is it that I have way to much stuff for my two bedroom townhome. My garage is full of my things. When we lived in our one bedroom apartment my husband and I joked that we have more than enough items to fill in a two bedroom home, now we joke around that we have enough items to furnish a four bedroom home. Now that’s sad. So where I was going with this was that sooner or later our walk-in closet turns into a storage room. I am trying my hardest not to let this happen in our current home.
To help myself from turning our closet into a storage room I decided to find some inspiration of what my dream closet would looked like if I ever had the opportunity.
Her closet looks bigger than my two bedrooms put together. I guess a girl could never have enough shoes:
And of course if you do not have a closet, the perfect wardrobe will look something like this:
Last but not least if you have an extra closet you can always turn it into an office:
Here are a few ideas to help you with organizing your closet:
1. Everything should have a place. You will maximize your wardrobe and minimize your stress if you can easily find your things.
2. Keeping hangers, shelving and containers in the same color palettes gives your closet a more organized appearance.
3. Who said closets need to be painted white. If your closet is small try painting it your favorite color or experiment with wall paper. Small touches such as photos or inspirations can generate positive feeling and hopefully will help us find that perfect outfit for the day.
5. Having a mirror in your closet will add light to your space. Plus who doesn’t want to check themselves in the mirror.
6. Lighting is accentual in a walk-in closet. A pretty chandelier will make your space feel special and provide additional lighting. Don’t have room for a chandelier? Try a wall mounted sconce.
7. A nice chair nearby provides a place for us to sit down relax, and to place the outfits you are trying on at the moment.